- Medication given may have significant effects after discharge, therefore you must be accompanied by a responsible adult upon discharge.
- Do not drive a motor vehicle, operate machinery, power tools or appliances, drink alcoholic beverages, or make critical decisions for 24 hours.
- You may resume your regular diet but it is better to increase intake slowly with liquid and working up to solid food.
- Walk frequently for the next 2 days (at least 10 minutes per hour while awake). If you cannot walk, perform calf pump maneuver (ask staff how this is done).
- Leave the dressings on until the next day, when you remove them you can then take a tepid shower. Begin wearing your hose for 2 weeks while awake. Do not sleep in the compression stockings.
- Mild discomfort, bruising, oozing or swelling is normal.
- Veins may appear worse before they get better.
- Take all medications as prescribed. (Keflex and Vicoprofen) You may take Ibuprofen of Aleve for minor pain.
- Wait at least 2 weeks before getting in a spa/hot tub or taking a hot bath. Tepid showers only for 2 weeks. No heating pads.
- No heavy lifting (50lbs. or greater) for the next 6-8 weeks.
- You may resume aerobic-type activities after 2 weeks, but wear the compression stockings.
- You may begin walking immediately.
- Please call the office if you have any fever, severe pain or redness.
- If you have any serious concerns after hours, the on-call staff is available through the answering service at 936-539-4031.
600 South Conroe Medical Drive, Suite 102
Conroe, TX 77304